We are all about step by step building a community that Works. Creates. Fashion.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Steven Khalil Resort 18 Collection....

Written by Nicole Oraha

Fashion week came and went by so quickly, giving me the opportunity to watch shows of some of my favourite designersIt’s hard to imagine that I once again I had a fortunate experience of getting invited to a Steven Khalil show. 




He celebrated his 20th anniversary this year during MBFWA, showcasing a couture collection- one I will never forget.



When I walked into the venue, I was stunned by how amazing it was all set out. There was a staircase decorated with florals and a centre display with mesmerizing chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. The room shown with pink and purple lights, truly setting the scene - almost felt like I was at a luxurious Hollywood event. The seats where placed all around the room, making sure that every attendee had a great view of the runway.







Models walked down the stairs in breathtaking signature gowns with heavily beading and sequins. Colours seen on the runway included gold, silver, red, purple and green. He used sheer, lightweight and silky fabrics in his collection. He stayed true to the brand by incorporating sparkling elements and intricate details in his collection, as that’s what he’s renowned for. My favourite moment was when the last look came out – a gorgeous ball-gown silhouette bridal dress, causing the audience to gasp in awe.


Steven Khalil makes women feel glamourous and feminine with his unique creations, something that I have always admired. I feel honoured to be a part of a show as such, witnessing remarkable designs by an influential Australian designer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment