Happy Saturday! Fashion Blogger United had their first ever style challenge/panelists of speakers. The event was to bring together fashion bloggers & professionals to share and learn from one another. In the beginning of the event, we had a style challenge of two stylist Kesha from Styled By Kesha and Lakithia who styled four bloggers Chi, from Fashionmatics, Chasity from But I Don't Like Coffee, Twiggy from vintage appetites, and Toyin from Mahogany Beauty & Style. The concept was to show "How to Dress for the Holidays" whether it's for a work holiday party, going out, from casual to dressy. There's a nice video below of the style challenge.
The second part of the event we had three panelist of speakers Nicole from Naptural Nicole, Stephanie David from popnod, and Janice Wallace from Facon Magazine. The theme was Fashion Speaks, the speakers shared a lot of their own experience working in the fashion industry. They gave us some helpful tips and advice that will take us a long way in the industry. Check out below the video of the panelists of speakers.
- Being humble takes you a long way.
- Always have your business cards and be prepared when going to a fashion event.
- Be nice to everyone, you can miss an opportunity to work with other fashion minded people like yourself
- Dress to Impress, dress like your going to a fashion event.
- Know what message your trying to convey and what your brand represent.
- Again treat and respect everyone when going to a fashion event.
- Be comfortable in your skin
- Everyone comes in different sizes, shapes, and just own it.
- Be true to yourself and what you believe in.